We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Deep Snow Kit

Buy, sell, or look for parts that are scarce and no longer available.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Friedrich15

Deep Snow Kit

Post by Friedrich15 »

i have a 97 kitty cat and im looking for a decent priced deep snow kit ...can anyone help please
orps parts

ORPS PARTS HAS THE dep snow kit!!!!!

Post by orps parts »

We have them in stock ready to ship
$149.99 plus shipping
email orps@rogers.com
or phone 416 779-3721
Regards
Jim
ORPS Parts
Friedrich15

Post by Friedrich15 »

hey jim can you post a pic of the kit
orps parts

picture of kit

Post by orps parts »

http://stores.orpsparts.com/-strse-SNOW ... =leftpanel
this is at my web site www.orpsparts.com
side panels are made of stainless
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

I wouldn't buy even a spark plug from ORPS.
Their lift kit (which is the most expensive lift kit I have seen) was taken and the design was copied without permission of the gentleman who spent a lot of time, resources and effort testing and designing. ORPS did not design this kit.
Is this a sign of a company someone wants to do business with?
Is ORPS even a site sponsor here on kitty at snowmobiles web site?
This is going to open up a can of worms with Jim. He will defend the parts he sells as legit. But we all know the truth about where this kit came from and it isn't ORPS. They count of a large volume of sales to make money off this kit because they aren't making much with the manufacturing costs wih star less steel.
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat
orps parts

Post by orps parts »

SNOPROE YOUR MOUTH DOES NOT SPEEK THE TRUTH
1ST DAN THE MAN PUT ON THIS SITE THE CAD DATA FOR PEOPLE AS HE WAS NO LONGER INTERESTED IN MAKING THEM,THIS CAN BE FOUND BY GOING BACK IN THESE FORUMS A FEW YEARS AGO
WE HAVE NEVER CLAIMED TO HSVEINVENTED IT
WE TOOK THE DESIGN IMPROVED IN SEVERAL AREAS INCLUDING BETTER MATERIALS
THIS YEAR ALONE WE HAVE SOLD OVER A HUNDRED KITS,SO REALLY DON,T CARE WHAT YOU THINK,
AND ITS CALLED STAINLESS STEEL NOT STARLESS STEEL
WE HAVE VERY HAPPY CUSTOMERS, SO WHERE YOU GOT YOUR INFO I DONT KNOW. BUT WE SELL ALOT ON EBAY AND OUR SITE TO FOLKS AROUND THE WORLD
REGARDS
JIM
ORPS PARTS
orps parts

Post by orps parts »

HERE IS ONE OF THE POST WHERE DAN POST THE CAD DATA AND HE DID IT SEVERAL TIMES
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 am Post subject: Print set for lift kit HERE FREE Reply with quote

Heres a nice print set for all the parts you need to make your own lift kit.....have fun
DANTHEMAN

you can get the files with the link below
the wmf file opens in windows picture and fax viewer

the .dxf file will go directly into a laser cutter, punch press or water jet

the dwg file is an acad file and can be opened and edited easily in acad

copy paste this in your browser

SO WE TOOK AND IMPROVED IT FOR SALE TO PEOPLE THAT COULD NOT MAKE
jIM
ORPS PARTS

Post by 72 »

orps parts wrote:SNOPROE YOUR MOUTH DOES NOT SPEEK THE TRUTH
1ST DAN THE MAN PUT ON THIS SITE THE CAD DATA FOR PEOPLE AS HE WAS NO LONGER INTERESTED IN MAKING THEM,THIS CAN BE FOUND BY GOING BACK IN THESE FORUMS A FEW YEARS AGO
WE HAVE NEVER CLAIMED TO HSVEINVENTED IT
WE TOOK THE DESIGN IMPROVED IN SEVERAL AREAS....

You might want to be careful about calling people out about speaking the truth, your right about what can be found by going back a few years . Notice the date on this post of yours. Yeah, you took the design and improved on it but that was before the drawings were released. The little note to you on that drawing (you know the one im talking about) tells why.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:04 pm Post subject: ORPS Parts Deep Snow kits Reply with quote
we are fully restocked with our Deep snow kits for your Kitty Cats
Our kit unlike the others offers stainless steel side panels for the suspension, a rust free and stronger grade of steel.
Go to our site at www.orps.ca to see these great kits .
$145 plus shipping ,you can cheaper but not better quality then ours
Call me at 416 779-**** to order
ORPS Parts[/img]
orps parts

Post by orps parts »

you know he released it several times before' he actually emailed my brother the design year or two before
bottom line he was not reacting to peoples request as seen here on these forums
he gave it away and we ran with it

Post by 72 »

orps parts wrote:HERE IS ONE OF THE POST WHERE DAN POST THE CAD DATA AND HE DID IT SEVERAL TIMES
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 am Post subject: Print set for lift kit HERE FREE Reply with quote

Heres a nice print set for all the parts you need to make your own lift kit.....have fun
DANTHEMAN

you can get the files with the link below
the wmf file opens in windows picture and fax viewer

the .dxf file will go directly into a laser cutter, punch press or water jet

the dwg file is an acad file and can be opened and edited easily in acad

copy paste this in your browser

SO WE TOOK AND IMPROVED IT FOR SALE TO PEOPLE THAT COULD NOT MAKE
jIM
ORPS PARTS

Oops busted! So was it easier to become a thief or a liar?

Post by 72 »

orps parts wrote:72
you know he released it several times before' he actually emailed my brother the design year or two before
bottom line he was not reacting to peoples request as seen here on these forums
he gave it away and we ran with it
I have no idea about any release before 2012. Yet you choose to only mention this now. Why not before I busted you with a post you forgot to cleanup or the shitstorm few years ago? Still wanna go back in time? Ok,when did you sell your first lift? He gave it away because you besmirched his name and your still beating that drum.
orps parts

Post by orps parts »

you have proved nothing
we have never denied getting it from dan and improving it
as for being a thief ,he gave it away so I think you need to relook up definition of thief
anyways call as you want we have the kit and people continue to buy from us, as we have it and nobdy else is offering it
so your opinion is yours, if your life is that bad that this gives you pleasure, I don't care
henry ford did not invent the car he improved so is he a thief also

Post by 72 »

orps parts wrote:72
you have proved nothing
we have never denied getting it from dan and improving it
as for being a thief ,he gave it away so I think you need to relook up definition of thief
anyways call as you want we have the kit and people continue to buy from us, as we have it and nobdy else is offering it
so your opinion is yours, if your life is that bad that this gives you pleasure, I don't care
henry ford did not invent the car he improved so is he a thief also
I think I have proved it, and quite well. Where, when and who you got the design from is obvious (from your own admissions) you tried to change your story when called out but have no evidence to support your claims. Just because you won or the only one left in no way changes what you are. Many fortune 500 companies got to be what they are from the same type of actions. Kudos to you. Dont confuse yourself with Henry ford, he was an innovator and leader of industry. You are only what I have already pointed out and nothing more. Believe me when I say I take no pleasure in knowing people like you exist.

Now this is where you again say I'm wrong and that I dont fully understand everything that went on (yet STILL offer no prof to the contrary) or reiterate that your the only one left and make people happy bla, bla, bla, maybe even correct my spelling or grammar. Just accept it you are what you are, if I was you I probably would not want to face the facts either. You can lie to yourself but you cant lie to me.
orps parts

Post by orps parts »

72 I wish you well in your treatment and I apologizes to the forum readers
for this we only wish to offer a product and for some sad reason you think we have committed a crime for doings so
try USING spell check and ORPS PARTS DOES HAVE THE LIFT KITS IN STOCK
REGARDS
JIM
ORPS PARTS
905 235-7278
thdog1

Post by thdog1 »

Boy this got heated. I emailed dan the man several years back and made my own. I did all the fabrication myself and had the rear skid lift plates lasered from mild steel sheet and I spent around $65.00. So $150.00 may be a little high, but all you have to do is install it. Imo, stainless steel is way overkill, plus it is double in price for material. Without access to a metal working machine, (knee mill, drill press ECT) it would be difficult to produce the kit. I had zero issues going off of dan the mans drawings.

Post by 72 »

thdog1 wrote:..... I emailed dan the man several years back and made my own.
How many years back is "several"?
thdog1

Post by thdog1 »

I think it was 2-3 years ago, cant remember exactly
thdog1

Post by thdog1 »

In the title block of each print it said:

F*** YOU Jim at ORPS

If that helps. At the time I didnt think much about it.
Haggs21

72????

Post by Haggs21 »

72, all the links from dan dont work anymore.
Do you still have a copy that you can repost so we make our own and dont have to order from orps?
earl

Post by earl »

look one topic down and it explains how i made my own....