We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Kawasaki Piston & Ring Sets

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Jonn

Kawasaki Piston & Ring Sets

Post by Jonn »

I've considered having piston & rings sets made for the Kawasaki engines and I'm wondering if there's enough interest. The kit would contain a standard piston, rings, wrist pin, and circlips. Based on the quote I received the sets would have to be priced somewhere between $165 and $175.

Is there any interest in the kits? Does the price sound reasonable considering you can't find these anywhere? Is there anyone that's interested in committing to purchase a kit? (If I have folks that pre-order a set I will know how many to order.) The manufacturer's timeframe to have these available would be mid November to mid December.

You can post your comments back to this topic, or email me at jonn@obups. Thanks for your feedback!

PS. I'm looking at doing the same thing for coils if anyone is interested in a coil.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
ljcdad

Post by ljcdad »

i would be interested in a kit. just to have around. Need the rings more than the piston right now, but the whole thing might be nice.
brad dodge

coils

Post by brad dodge »

the coils would be a mover
MAD BRAD

Post by 72 »

I sourced some rings for the kawasaki a few years ago. They are 2mm thick and 42mm dia. . They are for a second oversize from an obsolete chainsaw. The only difference is that they chamfered on the edges (top and bottom).

The coil is another issue, I have played around with the idea of a reproduction coil. Making the core was the easy part. The cost of winding the primary and secondary with the moulding of the potting insulation (tooling cost) makes it cost prohibitive . Even if the coil was made just as a primary and used an external secondary coil (like with the suzuki engines), the complete package still cost too much commpared to the alternatives out there.
fiero377ci

Post by fiero377ci »

its very easy to rewind the coil and use a secondary coil anyway. 24 ga