We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

To buy or not to buy?

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

1999beast

To buy or not to buy?

Post by 1999beast »

Hey guys I've been checking out this forum after thinking of buying a kitty cat myself. A lot of people on here are getting advice for there kids sled, but I'm 14 and want to buy a kitty cat to mess around in are lawn on. I have a 1992 yamaha phazer and love it but it's big and heavy I want something I can pick up. I can buy a 1999 running kitty cat for 200 and I am really tempted. The only thing is I want to go faster than 8mph but I don't want to mess with the governor and blow it up. Is there any clutches/gearing that will add speed and not take away torque. If not can I add torque without taking away speed. Any input is welcome.
1999beast

Update

Post by 1999beast »

Just an update I gave in and bought it. It was such a good deal. She purrs like a kitty should so I took her for a spin in my yard/fields and I'm in love she's got a lot of torque and it seems as though it's faster than 8mph. Ging to go pick up some 2-stroke oil tomorrow what brands are you guys using?
brad dodge

oil

Post by brad dodge »

we only run amsoil the artic cat oil will cost you a piston if you heat it up BD
MAD BRAD