We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

carb kit

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Asocia1975

carb kit

Post by Asocia1975 »

can any one please help me out i need to find a carb kit for my daughters kitty kat. its a 72 kitty kat t5a motor with a wakiki carb. i know this is a very hard part to locate. i need help thanks for any info
1121racinkitty

Post by 1121racinkitty »

get a 18mm mikuni from john at olson brothers tap the case b done and love the kitty cat as much as it will love you!! see parts supplier board for # and web site he will treat u right!!
KITTY CATS ROCK!

Post by 72 »

Another option would be to find a toro snow blower, like an s200 or alike, take that carb (I am talking about the diaphram style carb) and slot the two mounting holes inboard about .035-.040" each. The throttle and choke arms have a variety of hole options so matching it up to your current configuration should not be a problem. This carb being of the diaphram variety will allow the sled to run while its on its side (which it will end up). This will leave you only hurting your back getting the sled unstuck and fliped over rather than having to restart. These carbs also have a idle and high adjustment for tuning compared to changing jets. Now the 1121 option is great, many people are happy with it, but if you still have the gov. connected, I cannot see the benefit. If you can find a good kikaki replacment carb (good luck) go for it , its the easiest route. Most small engine shops have a carb like the one I mentioned for 10-15 bucks used and 10 bucks for a rebuild kit, or new ones are on e-bay occasional in the 30-50 dollar range. Its still about $90 buck cheaper than the mikuni (not including the pump etc.) but im a cheap basterd because my job is not as recession proof as 1121's.
bluehood

s200 carb worked AWESOME...

Post by bluehood »

did the snowblower carb deal and it works better than the stock carb. my only ? was what to do with the outlet hole the bottom, where the bowl should be....I put a small tube on it and hooked it up to a primer (with a hole in it) and the 3.5 year old little girl couldn't be happier!

I got the carb for $10 from a small engine shop and the carb kit for it for $10, best $20 I have spent on this bad boy....

The key is to keep the primer hole open!!!! Good luck and thank you guys on here for all the help!
life is good.

Post by 72 »

Yep, you gotta run a primer. Its a good idea to use a good filter to, the inlet seat on those are real sensitive to the least amount of garbage in the gas.
bluehood

Good gas filter

Post by bluehood »

Yeah, that was the first thing I put on the kitty cat when I got it. That and a gas shut off valve!!!

Thanks for the all the help, the kids sure do appreciate it....
life is good.
dpmac3

Carbs for Kitty Cats

Post by dpmac3 »

I just talked to a guy at Laager Racing. He is definitely a valuable resource! http://laagerracing.hypermart.net/carb.html
Try this link. He also has old parts in stock, both Kawasaki and Suzuki.
thdog1

Post by thdog1 »

Anyone have pics of the snowblower carb set-up? I just picked one up and I want to retro fit it to a 72 kitty.