We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Honda Clone Swap

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

chrisrug

Honda Clone Swap

Post by chrisrug »

My 1995 had no spark, the spark plug ignition coil is bad . The cheapest I found was $180. I decided to take a 20% off coupon from Harbor Freight to buy a 6.5 hp GX200 clone engine. I stripped off gas tank and airbox/governor linkage. I drilled 2 holes in front crossmember to mount engine, and used original mount plate for rear of engine. I got a clutch from Northern Tool and a new chain too. The exhaust had to be custom made. I was also able to reuse existing brake band setup with some slight mounting rearrangements. All in all I would do this again before ever dumping more than $150 into repairing a Kitty engine. Next up is a deep snow kit so my 4 year old will get 3 years out of it.
Novamudder

engine swap

Post by Novamudder »

Hi I,m going to do the same engine swap . Some pics of your work would be greatly appreciated.. :)
shorty

Post by shorty »

Was wondering how many tooth sprocket you went with? Looking at the motor habor freight sells (Greyhound 66014). Just looks like the recoil is on the wrong side. Is this the motor you used? Any info would be helpfull
chrisrug

Post by chrisrug »

Yes. Moved recoil.10 or 11 tooth clutch from northern. Join harbor freight mailing list and wait for 20% off coupon. Really simple job all in all.