We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

New clutch question

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

jaykrhonda

New clutch question

Post by jaykrhonda »

Just received new Max Torque clutch. Chose a 13 tooth over the stock 11 tooth. Stock chain not long enough. Didn't figure on this base on the amount of play previously with chain tensioner.

Can anyone let me know what the correct fix is?

Thanks in advance. Jay

Post by 72 »

Your best bet would be to get a new chain of correct length about 1 link longer (equals about 3/4" in chain length). Chain wears and stretches and imho should be replaced every couple seasons or so, it really cuts down on sprocket wear. Other than that you may be able to move the engine/mount back to make up for the difference, but keep in mind you will also have to adjust the chain adjuster/ brake mount which can be a pain.
Rick

Chain too short

Post by Rick »

I just made the same changes. Motor was all the way back. I was able to slide everything on, but chain was tight. I shimmed front of motor up maybe a 32nd. Now I have about 1" slop in the chain. I know it will stretch and then remove the shims.
Hope this helps, Rick
KC fever