We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

How to get the darn ski's aligned? I'd like them straight!

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

trdehmer

How to get the darn ski's aligned? I'd like them straight!

Post by trdehmer »

I have a 1973 Kitty Cat. Bought the updated triangle mounts that go on the spindles (and I now have the new spindles from ORPS that came with the deep snow kit) and the stock skis had a lot of slop in them. Now there is less slop, but the skis really toe in quite a bit. There isn't anything I can think of to fix this except make a new steering rod that is a bit longer (I'm not sure how easy that is?).

Anyone else ever deal with this? Do you have any idea on a fix?

Post by 72 »

Sounds like one or both of the plates need to be flipped over.
Here is a link for some rods and rod ends that will help tighten up the steering even more, and pretty reasonable in cost. http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=179

The 73's with the bump out on the rod that connects to the steering shaft (handle bars) is also a place where slop can occure. You could cut the end of the shaft off and thread it for a rod end.
trdehmer

Post by trdehmer »

I have the plates on correct, verified from my old ones and online photos. I like the adjustible ones. In fact, I could cut my stock one in half an thread it and put a threaded sleave over it to adjust length...

Post by 72 »

Ok, I just want to make sure that there is nothing wrong with the plates themselves, there has been changes from year to year with these kittys but all the plates I have ever seen were the same. The only time anyone has run into a major toe in issue was when they were fliped wrong. I actually have a pic of them installed wrong but made to work with linkage adjustment. Im just curious to what could of caused this.