We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

New Front Bumper

Buy, sell, or look for parts that are scarce and no longer available.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

JR2

New Front Bumper

Post by JR2 »

I am currently rebuilding a 92 kitty cat. The front bumper has run into a few trees and lost its shape. I have tried to get it back towards the original shape with out much luck. I tried to order a new on from my local AC parts guys and the only one they can find is $130 and for a 98. I know it will fit and would look nice, but I really hate to spend that kind of $$ on a new bumper that is going to get all bent up anyway. Has anyone ever made there own new bumper? If I can find someone with a tube bender I may try to have one bent up out of 1-1.5 inch tubing and see if that works.

So has anyone made a new front bumper? Anyone reinforced a stock bumper somehow?

Thanks,

John
92 Kitty Cat undergoing rebuild
81Kitty

Post by 81Kitty »

I just bought a front bumper from Hi-Performance Engineering for a 81' Kitty Cat that I am re-doing. It was $49.90 with shipping, part # 0638-720. It was a Heavy Duty Accessory Bumper. From what they told me, the original bumper isn't availabe any longer and this was the replacement. I just checked their website and didn't see one on there but it might be worth calling them. I already received mine and it looks great.

Just checked the 92' and it has the same updated SKU # 0638-720, orignally 0302-128 so this should fit as well for about a 1/3 of the price.
JR2

Post by JR2 »

Still looking for a new(ish) front bumper. I thought I had one, paid in full and then got an email saying the supplier did not have them any longer... So does anyone have one laying around or maybe make new ones?? I would think that someone would have bought a tubing bender by now and be making a new ones out of tubing.
92 Kitty Cat undergoing rebuild
81Kitty

Post by 81Kitty »

You can try searchtempest.com It is the best way to search Craigslist. It allows you to search for one item in many states and is very easy to use. In a matter of seconds I found this post, I'm sure there are more. (Remove Ebay ads by checking the box in the bottom left, it just makes it confusing)

Misc. KITTY CAT parts, bumper, brake band and cable, front springs, steering linkage and handle bars. Make an offer! Contact: Jeff (651) 755-2962

Hope this helps!