We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Any plastic ski skins or plastic skis for k k ?

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

serge675

Any plastic ski skins or plastic skis for k k ?

Post by serge675 »

Anybody know if there are any plastic skis skins or platic skis for kitty kats. The metal skis just seem the drag too much on the snow and ground underneath. Or anyone have ideas the coat the skis to make them slide better ? thanks :D
Devo

Post by Devo »

This is a very good question and one I been thinking about also. I found on our first snow fall this year which was wet snow the sled would not get going because the snow was stuck to the bottom of the ski. I did see some skis for sale on http://obups/products/skis_steering.htm
but it was unclear if they would fit Kitty cats or the 120 cc sleds.
Also they are a bit on the expensive side but i'm sure its a one time investment.

Post by 72 »

A good sand blasting and paint/powder coat is about the best you can do. A coat of wax dont hurt either. If you think the skis are causeing that much drag, you may have another issue, do all your wheels turn freely?