We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

clutch and drive sprocket

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

aubreyskitty

clutch and drive sprocket

Post by aubreyskitty »

looking for a new clutch and drive sprocket for our 86 kitty . looking to get a little more speed out of it at our clubs grass drags . no mods to sled just want a little more speed if i can do it with gears .thanks for any help
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

Any Arctic Cat dealer can get em for you....$50 for a new clutch
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat
revkev6

Post by revkev6 »

or you can just go and order a 5/8" shaft max-torque clutch (same as stock) from any go cart supply shop. this shop will also have the gears to go with them. I just put one of the GX200 clones in my kittycat and I bought a 3/4" max torque clutch for it from american powersports because I could specify the gear that came on it. you can get a max torque clutch with the standard gear for about $30. I think I paid 36 for one with the gear I wanted on it.

Post by 72 »

revkev6 wrote:or you can just go and order a 5/8" shaft max-torque clutch (same as stock) from any go cart supply shop. this shop will also have the gears to go with them. I just put one of the GX200 clones in my kittycat and I bought a 3/4" max torque clutch for it from american powersports because I could specify the gear that came on it. you can get a max torque clutch with the standard gear for about $30. I think I paid 36 for one with the gear I wanted on it.
The 5/8" bore max torque only come in 11and 12 teeth. You can get a 13t in a comet but they are out of business now, but might be able to find one.
kidsperformance

Post by kidsperformance »

Call Jim Donavaon @ Max-torque....They sold the kitty cat clutches to arctic cat...1-630-369-9600....he has sprockets for the clutch up to 20T if you want.....known Jim for a long time....Dragon skin clutch works good also....mention my name Bill Tripp