We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1973 Kawasaki B engine wire question

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

spreedoc

1973 Kawasaki B engine wire question

Post by spreedoc »

Hello I am in the process of putting back together a 73 Kitty with a Kawasaki B engine. All of the wires on the sled have been cut so I need help finding where everything goes. The engine has a black wire and a cream colored wire that come out of it. The black wire has no connector(should this wire have a male conector on it?) and the cream wire has a male connector. Both of the wires on the kill switch are black. I figure that one kill switch wire should have a ring connector and be grounded to the engine and the other kill switch wire connected to the black engine wire(with a femal connector?). The cream colored wire is for maybe a light or something. Just wondering if anyone has any input I really dont want to mess up any rare ignition components. Thanks

Post by 72 »

If original, the black is for the kill switch, you can connect it to either lead off the kill switch and ground the other. The white/cream is for the tail light.