We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1998 No Go, looking for any suggestions

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

98kat

1998 No Go, looking for any suggestions

Post by 98kat »

Hello All

I have went through this informative site and think i have tried everything, but let me know what i may have missed.

bought this Kitty, started great, put on choke, 4 pulls and good to go, finally got cold enough, loaded in truck to take to an open field and now, will not run.....

New plug, lots of spark, plug smells like gas.

Read about machine being flooded and put to BDC, tuned off gas and tipped motor over, did not see anything come out.

Took carb apart and drained, put back together and still no go. Tried pulling and pulling finally started. To avoid flooding again, turned gas off and let run until it died, called it a night was happy!

Went out a few days later, turned gas on, put choke on, pulled a few times, turned choke off, no action. Took plug out smells like gas, checked for spark, lots of spark, held throttle open a bit, none, all the way, half choke, no choke, still.................no start.

Any suggestions to try next??? I thank everyone before hand and hope this i can actually get the kids to ride once this season before the snow is gonzo.
98kat

A further thought

Post by 98kat »

Timing off on spark?? How could you check?

Post by 72 »

Does sounds like your flooding, check or just replace the needle and seat. Sometimes they get weak and can hold gas back when stitting but when the engine starts running the vibration allows them to leak extra fuel by. Temp. could effect the seal and add to the issue.