We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

72 no spark

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Kitty Kat Runner

72 no spark

Post by Kitty Kat Runner »

now my buddies kitty cat is dead. is the a way to test the coil and condenser , it is a 72a motor. .was driving stopped parked it for the night, went to start in morning. it would not start would run for a minute or so but seemed to really not rev up then die . did a compression test on it 95 psi . we had spark till he took the motor out and cleaned the coil and magnets with fine sand paper. he also cleaned and sanded the points contacts lightly. now we have no spark. so i wanted to check to see if they are still good.is there any other models that i could put in it and get rid of the points?
Kitty Kat Runner

Post by Kitty Kat Runner »

we are going to order a new electronic ignition from John Olson (Olson Brothers) it replaces the points ,so no more headaches and its plug and play also going to open her up and put all new gaskets and seals, he said that he even may be able to get pistons and rings for the 72's soon. real down to earth guy ......
thanx John

Post by 72 »

How did you figure out the coil was not bad? How did you test it?