We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

good spark?

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

madaeden

good spark?

Post by madaeden »

Just started redoing a '72 kitty cat with a T5A engine. I get a jolt from the wire, but when the cap is on, no spark is seen at the plug. Is there a replacement cap available? Or, does the whole assembly need to be replaced? This was a sled that was supposedly properly stored after the last user (about 15 yrs), and seems to be in great shape. Thanks,

Jason

Post by Guest »

Jason,
I had mine replaced when I sent my motor in for some work, I think it just screws right into the end of the wire, but you may need to clip a hair off the end. Give this guy a call he has them in stock and they dont cost very much, maybe 5-7 bucks if that. he knows Kitty Cats in and out. Steve Olson at Tiger Chassis 651-462-2417. Tell him Kevin Olson sent ya

running

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the number, will definately call... Good news, got the engine going today...took it apart again and used a little ultrafine sandpaper to the points...and put the whole thing back together...used a ngk cap from a '71 puma that i had replaced...couldnt see a spark, but with a little gas into the plug hole, it fired right up...took apart the carb and cleaned it... Now we just need some snow and we're set!

Jason