We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

custom parts, lift kits etc

Races where and when, also fine tune your Kitty Cat for the local track or back yard.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

dantheman

custom parts, lift kits etc

Post by dantheman »

heres a few pics, brand new custom spindles, lifts and track lifts, i also do custom design and machine work, my kid really loves this machine since i did these updates it goes thru snow like no tomorrow now, he actually can have sum fun without me following him and breaking my back
email if you have any questions these parts can be altered to suit your needs
dan

1121racinkitty

parts pricein

Post by 1121racinkitty »

post some possible prices
if your willing to manufacture
or not thanks
KITTY CATS FOREVER
dantheman

pricing

Post by dantheman »

old post
dan
Last edited by dantheman on February 16th, 2009, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dantheman

kitty kits

Post by dantheman »

for new people here on the list , look at the pictures in this topic to see what were talking about.

well its the season to start getting things in running condition again,

the prices on the track kits went up a bit due to material costs skyrocketing

inquire if intersted

Thanks

dan
simba-cat

lift kits

Post by simba-cat »

dan i would like to purchase a front and rear lift kit for my stock 73 kitty cat can you make it so it looks just like the pictures and if possible just a bolt on version so i don"t have to get into a bunch of machining. just let me know the price and method of payment you prefer and i will get right back to you . thanx in advance mike emery .emerys@sympatico.ca 1(519)245-7129
farmall1953

lift parts for Kitty Kat Snowmobile

Post by farmall1953 »

HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU TO PLACE A ORDER??? I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A WEEK NOW. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?
THANKS
TOM
FARMALL1953
Last edited by farmall1953 on October 14th, 2005, 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dantheman

custom parts

Post by dantheman »

OK guys i dont know why i dont get messages my direct email is
dtm@ameritech.net email me at that address and you will always get a pretty quick resonse if not in hours. I am working on a quicker process to make these track lift plates so i can get the price down
the lift in the pictures posted last season is 2-1/2 inches, it works very well and i have adapted this kit to about a dozen sleds so far with absolutely no complaints , they simply do not get stuck like they used to

dan
3Kats

Kitty Cat Lift Kits

Post by 3Kats »

Dan,

Im interested in purchasing a Kitty Cat Lift kit from you,but have had no luck contacting you!!!!

I have tried your e-Mail address also!!!

Could you please leave Me a phone # to contact you?

Thankyou

Joe
DAN

CONTACTING

Post by DAN »

SORRY GUYS I WAS OUT FISHING FOR THE WEEKEND, I RESPONDED TO ALL EMAILS THIS MORNING WHEN I GOT IN IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE PROBS MY CELL IS 248-462-3543

I AM STILL SELLING COMPLETE KITS, LIFTED AND OFFSET SPINDLES,
I HAVER SOLD QUITE A FEW OF THESE TO PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WITH NO PROBLEMS, AND THEY WERE ALL SHIPPED WITHIN 2 DAYS OF BEEING PAID FOR, A QUICK POST FROM SOME PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED
THANKS
DAN HESTER
dantheman

3" lift kits with offset spindles all new parts

Post by dantheman »

I had previously posted pricing on 3" lift kits and offset spindles, the cost went up and now it has dropped considerably since i've changed machining process.
pricing as follows

1 set Spindles 3" lift and 1-1/2-1-3/4 offset per spindle $45.00 (2) pcs.
1 set Track plates $90.00 (2) pcs. T6 aluminum

Requires modifications to shaft length and spacer lengths, they will need to be shortened slightly. adjusters may have to be modified a bit also.
if you have no means to do this, i can do it for you if you ship to me the shafts the spacers, wheels and adjusters and i will shorten them for you and assembly the undercarriage, do not send me the machine, track etc.
$75.00

Pricing does NOT include shipping

my email address Has changed it is now xdanthemanx@hotmail.com
that is also my paypal address or you can reach me at 248-462-3543
if you have any questions.

Dan
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

Very nice looking stuff there dan. Couple questions. How thick is the aluminum plate for the track lift (i.e. how much shaft trimming is necessary)? With the longer front spindles, do you think it puts any extra torque on the frame where the spindles mount, and maybe cause wear to the chassis or the bushings?
Not to take away anything from your product, but while I'm saving up to order the parts, do you think it would work to simply put a 2" block between the leaf spring and the knuckle to get the lift?
dantheman

lifts

Post by dantheman »

well i suppose it may put more load on stuff if you hit something
since the leverage load point gets longer, under normal use i wouldnt be concerned
yes i am sure the plastic "supposed bushing" will wear faster.

the shafts have to be shortened by .300, you can take it from one end , redrill and tap one end deeper, or take .150 from each side and not re-tap
i am talkin about the 2 front shafts, the rear shaft has to be shortened a lotsince the way the adjusters are setup,
in the end all 3 shafts will be identical, i am not talkin about the drive shaft
also 6 spacers will have to be shortened, i can send prints of what you need to shorten showing exactly how much to take off. or as stated you can send me the parts you need changed and ill assemble the whole thing for you including modifying the adjusters.

dan
dantheman

ididnt answer all your questions in previous post

Post by dantheman »

i am changing the metal thickness at the moment the plates are .220 thick
i am going to .18 so the shafts wont have to be shortened as much

you could put a block in there, but the spindles i make are also offset to the outside 1-3/4 of an inch to stabilize the machine a bit, its actually more stable after its been lifted than it is in stock configuration.

the sled in the picture actually has a 139cc engine in it and it hasnt been overturned yet, i will be posting new pics of the updated parts and assemblies soon, including the engine i stuffed in there, i will NOt be selling the engine or the bracketry to stuff that in, i also added a cvt and a disc brake, i must say at this point i cannot let my kid ride this machine until i have it governored, he will have to make due with the other stock one
dantheman

ive posted some new pictures

Post by dantheman »

budzz89

Post by budzz89 »

MachJeff wrote:Very nice looking stuff there dan. Couple questions. How thick is the aluminum plate for the track lift (i.e. how much shaft trimming is necessary)? With the longer front spindles, do you think it puts any extra torque on the frame where the spindles mount, and maybe cause wear to the chassis or the bushings?
Not to take away anything from your product, but while I'm saving up to order the parts, do you think it would work to simply put a 2" block between the leaf spring and the knuckle to get the lift?
maybe 2 inch can be enough with this, but i also trying to discovered for this

Deep snow kit

Post by estebbin »

I'm looking for a deep snow kit for my sons Kitty cat.