We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

how to remove nozzle out of carb?

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

brad6

how to remove nozzle out of carb?

Post by brad6 »

i have a 92 kitty, i'm trying to remove the nozzle out of carb to clean it. the nozzle looks like it has a slot in it ,so you could just unthread it out. but mine seems to be siezed, and i'm afriad of stripping the head of it. any help would be great. :?
Jonn

Removing Nozzle

Post by Jonn »

Sometimes these seem pretty stuck, but I've never had one that wouldn't come out. The nozzle does have a slot in the top of it for a flat-blade screwdriver. Make sure you use the correct screwdriver or you can strip it. Either use a screwdriver that has straight sides or if you have a screwdriver that flares out, grind the sides down even with the width of the blade. You want the blade of the screwdriver that contacts the nozzle as wide as you can get it without messing up the threads of the carb housing. If you have the right screwdriver, the nozzle should come out with some downward pressure and a good turn. As you are afraid of, bronze can strip. Go slow and be careful. Good luck.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296