We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

main nozzle direction in Kikaki carb????

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

oliveoyl

main nozzle direction in Kikaki carb????

Post by oliveoyl »

My nephews 1972 Kitty Cat will run great for anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes than bogs out. I have to squirt gas in the carb to get it running again. If I shut it off with the switch it starts back up perfectly. The carb looks really good, it doesn't need crank seals, and fuel is comeing from the tank well. My question is. On the main nozzle in the carb are the holes suppose to face the engine or face out? It can only go 2 ways :? I think. Logically the holes would face the engine but mine face out. Maybe this is my problem. Any ideas anyone? thanks for reading. :) Oliveoly
sharpeiday

Post by sharpeiday »

They face the engine. I had the same problem with my kitty
Greg

1973 w/ Kikaki carb

Post by Greg »

My Daughters 1973/Kikaki developed the same problems I have seen reported many times on this board; starts and idles great, runs fine at low speed, bogs down when beyond half throttle. The plugs would be black too.

I followed the advice of several folks who have nice enough to share they experiences. 1) clean carb 2) lower float 3) remove the main nozzle and CLEAN all ports 4) verify holes on main nozzle face the engine.
This worked perfectly. :D