We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

carb help '72 kawi

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

snocat_trf

carb help '72 kawi

Post by snocat_trf »

I just picked up a '72 with a T5B motor and I took the carb apart and cleaned it, when I took out the needle, someone had it in upside down, I got the sled running but now It spits fuel out the overflow, I might check the float and see if it is sticking or needs to go 180 deg. I tried olson and Ken's sports and no one seems to have even a float or needle and seat for these. I might try a carb upgrade or if anyone has any parts for these I would appreciate an email back @ snocat_trf@hotmail.com
snocat_trf

I got it fixed

Post by snocat_trf »

I took the carb apart and found my error. I had the float hinge or "float lever" in upside down. This thing runs like a champ!!! I took it around the house so the kids will have a path to follow. it hauled all 200 lbs. of my butt around. The next thing I want to work on is the steering. the right ski moves before the left and I am guessing it is because of the rod connecting the two spindles is either worn or the holes where it fits is. I did not see any bushings to replace so I might have to make some.
oliveoyl

Post by oliveoyl »

Would you be able to tell me which way the holes in the main nozzle are suppose to be facing Please . Do they face the engine or face out :?: