We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

New lift kit

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

kube1

New lift kit

Post by kube1 »

Well, its been a while since I posted but I finally have an update. I had them made quite a while ago but only now do I have pics of the new lift kit installed. A special thanks to dantheman for sharing his drawings of his lift kit. Great design!! Mine are different from his only in the type of material use. Instead of using 0.125 plate steel I used 0.25 aluminum plate. This is what was around the shop and free is great! Because of the thicker material I counterbored the rear of the bolt holes to 0.82x0.125 to accomodate the axles. The front spindles are just waiting to be welded so I will put up pics of them when the are done. Thanks again dantheman.

Here is the link to my facebook album.
Last edited by kube1 on November 28th, 2010, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amos

Post by Amos »

Nice work! I'm having problems with my spindals coming lose any ideas. I don't want ot crank them down to far. It seems very hard to steer if I really get after it. I tried using some thead tight but that didn't work.
dantheman

nice

Post by dantheman »

yeah those look just like the first few sets i made, they were too expensive to try to mass produce though. its a bit more work than you thought wasnt it?

nice work

dan
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

No problems with my spindles from Dan. Make sure the bushings are clean and the bore is clean before you reassemble it. Use a good quality grease that is safe for plastics like Lubraplate.
kube1

Post by kube1 »

Well, dantheman, it wasn't hard to do at all actually. Your drawings were really easy to import into my CNC software. Ran the track lifts off really quick. The spindles took a little longer to manufacture. I went with a slightly different setup than you did. The real challenge was forcing myself to go to the shop on a day off to get it done!! Below are pics of the spindles finished without paint. They took about 2 hrs to manufacture including programming time and set up. Thanks again dantheman!
dantheman

nice

Post by dantheman »

well looks good so far, post up a pic of the entire assembly when your done

dan
kube1

Post by kube1 »

Ok, finally have some pics of the finished lift kit installed. The spindles have been painted black.
snocat_trf

Post by snocat_trf »

are you guy's sharing your drawings? I would like to make a set of those risers and spindles for my '72
kube1

Post by kube1 »

Well, I'd like to share but i can't, they are dantheman's design and I told him I wouldn't give out or sell the drawings. He would probably share with you if you asked him nicely.
snocat_trf

Post by snocat_trf »

I did ask him, and he said he would send me the .dxf files.
kube1

Post by kube1 »

cool, let us have a look when you are done!! have fun
wienberg

New Lift Kit

Post by wienberg »

Does anyone sells this new lift kit? i am looking for one.
kube1

Post by kube1 »

You could try dantheman. He may have something to sell you.
Badlab1

Post by Badlab1 »

I just installed Dan's deep snow kit last night and must say--I'm very impressed. All parts are perfectly machined and welds on the spindles look beautiful!! :D
I'd say it took me about 2 hours to install, but that's including cleaning the shafts and re-lubing all the bearings and I was in no hurry. (Also had a frozen bolt that needed a little heat.) :x
Thanks again Dan!!!!!!!!!
1121racinkitty

Post by 1121racinkitty »

I INSTALLED A DAN THE MAN KIT LAST YEAR ON MY LAWER FREINDS
KITTY AND ITS THE BEST KIT IVE EVER SEEN. HI QUALITY CRAFTSMAN
SHIP HERE NOT A GETTO SUPRISE!!!!!!
KITTY CATS ROCK!
dantheman

kits

Post by dantheman »

HEY,
thanks for all the good posts guys, its nice to know people appreciate nice quality stuff, i guess its a rarity these days and everyoneis always expecting some cheap pc of shit imported stuff.
Every piece of that was made here in the usa right in my garage here in clarkston.

Im glad people post this kind of stuff, i dont make a lot of money on this crap i think it makes it a bit easier to keep making em knowing that people really do appreciate it.

DanTheMan
Thissell

kit

Post by Thissell »

I put my Dantheman kit on two nights ago and it's terrific. I'm constantly amazed (sadly) when someone really comes through with what they claim. Pieces fit right in, no muss, no fuss and it really changes the stance. You deserve the good press and you really could find a niche with a nice side business, not just the kitty stuff but that level of machining is rare and the prompt service even rarer. Kudos.
-JT