We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Spark Plugs

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

markbano

Spark Plugs

Post by markbano »

Hi!

I bought two kitty cats last spring for my boys. One is an 87 and the other is a 91. Everything looks the same except the 91 has a B6HS (NGK) plug while the 87 has a B7HS plug. Both sleds ran fine. However, when I tuned them this fall, I put B7HS plugs in both machines and now the 91 is rough and won't idle. I've cleaned the carb, and so I suspect the new plug might be the problem.

Which is the correct plug for these machines? Could the wrong plug be my problem?

Also - what is with the gas tanks on these things? Are they designed to leak at the fuel line fitting? Both of them leak.

This is a great website - and a great resource. I was happy to find it!

Thanks for any help!!

Mark
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

The only difference between the 2 plugs is the Heat Range... the lower the number the hotter the plug. I always ran the B6's in my sleds

As far as the Leaking fuel tank.. It is quite common...just go to the A/C Dealer and get a couple of new fuel tank/ petcock grommets.. it is a quick fix and should bail you out for a year or so. the are about $2.50 apiece and should fix your problem I think the Part# is 0109-413
"Any day above dirt is a good one"
markbano

Post by markbano »

Thanks for the help!!

I bought a service manual on E-bay yesterday, as well - and I've spent some time reading posts, which answer many of my questions. Thanks again!
1121racinkitty

Post by 1121racinkitty »

NGK IRIDIUM BR6HIX
KITTY CATS ROCK!