We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Electronic ignition for older Kitty cat Awsome EZ to install

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

blaster

Electronic ignition for older Kitty cat Awsome EZ to install

Post by blaster »

have come up with the end all to the dreaded point problem in the older Kitty cats that use points and condenser sets. You do not need to time the engine anymore and you do not need to be buying the 45.00 point set every year. This is EZ to install and you will never need points again. It will take 10min to install with no hassle or soldering. There is instruction and pics for the Kitty cat engines. And there is pics for other 2cycle engines in the kit also. You can use this kit on any single cylinder snowmobile out there. Email for info. The kit is 60.00 + shipping. Patent pending. Price is for the Holidays
t-dub13

Post by t-dub13 »

Can you provide more info or pics here? Does the kit make changing the timing easier? Thanks, T-dub
blaster

Post by blaster »

If your kitty cat is stock you do not have to change the timing at all. If you did any mod to it you will have to play with the timing and that you do by turning the plate. You do not adjust the chip at all. Most people that do the gov spring bypass adjusts the timing all the way up. This gives you better RPM's. If you go to the engine part on here you can read what people say about this kit. There even was a guy that had to change his timing. Hope I helped.

Roger
LiLYeLL

Post by LiLYeLL »

I have done this upgrade to my kids sled. it is very easy to do. KK runs like a champ..

Thanks again,
Jason