We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Kitty Governer

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

mike warren

Kitty Governer

Post by mike warren »

I have read a ton of posts on how to bypass the governer. I am wondering if someone can explain exactly how the governer works.

Why does simply zip tying the spring really do anything? It seems like all it does is allow the throttle to only open half way. If that's the case, if you only pushed the throttle half way would the sled actually go faster than if you gave it full throttle?

I have also seen to loosen the arm on the throttle return spring. (I saw the pictures on obups) How is it that this changes things??

I want to bypass the governer on the kitty but thought that I would like to understand what it is actually doing first. If I bypass the governer do I have to worry about it revving higher? I have heard that you should increase the needle jet to a 2.0. Is this a must or should it be o.k. without it.

Thanks
MIke
1986 Kitty Cat
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

The governor work by spinning weights that push on a lever. The lever tries to close the throttle valve. Your throttle lever (handle bars) pulls on a spring that tries to open the throttle. These two forces find and equilibrium that governs the throttle between the spring tension and the spinning weights.

The 2.0 needle and seat are recommend if bypassing the governor.