We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Kitty Cat Grill

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

kube1

Kitty Cat Grill

Post by kube1 »

Hey everyone,

As with most kitty cats I've seen the one I bought for my son had a broken cowl. Not wanting to buy a new cowl and also not having all the broken out pieces for a good plastic repair, I 've machined a cool grill for the front. It's made from 0.25 aluminum and a stainless steel hinge. The screen is just something i picked up at home depot. Thought others might want to see it so here it is.

Here is my facebook album with pics.
Last edited by kube1 on November 28th, 2010, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

Looks great but a little heavy. Lighten it up and you might find a market for them. Maybe even do a grill with teeth.
kube1

Post by kube1 »

Are you kidding? I made this out of whatever was laying around the shop. It's just a kids sled. Width or weight isn't really an issue for me. As for marketing them, I dunno. Maybe if enough guys wanted them I would consider it. It was really just an afternoon project.
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

Kube1, it does look good. I was thinking of something similar if my daughters ever cracked but with 16ga stainless.
kube1

Post by kube1 »

yeah,stainless is nice but its not as nice to work with, it could look really good though
jstoeckly

Grill

Post by jstoeckly »

Looks Great & an awesome way to save the cracked hood problem....as far as heavy.... stay off the kids sled & it won't matter.