We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

74 kitty cat coil problem?

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Kayne

74 kitty cat coil problem?

Post by Kayne »

I get spark out of lighting wire but not plug wire. Im gussing the coil is bad. Im looking for any and all solutions to get this thing running for my kids.

Thanks
Jonn

KC Coil Problem?

Post by Jonn »

Kayne: They didn't make a '74 Kitty Cat. It's probably a '73, or could be a '77. Does it have the Suzuki (black) or Kawasaki (silver) engine?
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
Kayne

Post by Kayne »

Kawasaki T5B060SIA 60cc
Jonn

Post by Jonn »

I'm still looking for a coil for you, but so far I've struck out. We have been looking at a replacement ignition system for these engines, but haven't had time this year to finish testing it. If this ignition doesn't work out, I've talked to a local electronics shop about making replacement coils but they wouldn't be ready until fall 2007.

If I find something I'll let you know.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
Kayne

Replacement motor

Post by Kayne »

A friend seems convinced I could pick up a motor at northern and make it work. Has any one swapped out their motor, if so with what.

Kayne
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

I had the same problem with another engine of mine, and it turned out to be just the points. Coils dont often just go bad, but points will wear out. Try replacing those first.
blaster

Post by blaster »

Kayne It sounds like the points. I have a system that gets rid of the points forever. It is a CDI ignition and takes about 10min to install. If you look at the post below this one you will see it works great. It does not sound like the coil and they just do not go bad like that. If you want the kit is 65.00 this with shipping and I take PayPal. Let me know.