We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Engine dies out?

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

onebad800

Engine dies out?

Post by onebad800 »

Got a kitty for my son , pretty much disassembled and cleaned everything , put back together . Put in a 70 main jet , but thats about it. The sled started right up and sounded great on the stand (I polished all the ports)./ Once I held it wide open for a few seconds and it just died out like ran out of gas? Then took it to a field and took alot ot get it started then it did and we rode it down 40 ft and it died again and seems flooded out or something? Electrical? Didnt have any tools so i plan to pull the carb off and see if the floats stuck or something?What else? I had it all apart and cleaned everything once?
onebad800

Post by onebad800 »

UPDATE : I found the float level was off so I adj. that and alsocleaned out the pilot jet? The shortened the fuel hose from the tank. I then got it running and turned in the screw on the side of the carb I assume its like a air screw? Anyway its better still sounds alittle jetted rich even with the 70 in it , maybe its just me not familar with the way they should sound I'm used to a ps800/1000 race motors?