We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1980 suzuki engine become weak starts to go bad after 10min

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Highbeam

1980 suzuki engine become weak starts to go bad after 10min

Post by Highbeam »

first i thought it was compression but i tested it with hot engine and it was 120 PSI,can it be adjustment in carburator? or dirt in it, plz give me any idead where to start search
Todd13

Post by Todd13 »

Sounds like it's overheating... Maybe pull the fan shroud off and check for mouse nest? 8)
ttw_walman

Post by ttw_walman »

I had the same problem with mine. It would run great for a few minutes and then lose power. Kicked my #@&. Eventually I replaced the points and condensor ( I think it was a bad condensor ) and then it ran like a raped ape. If you have points and condensor and want to replace them I would reccomend buying a conversion kit to elrctronic ignition. Costs about the same and is easier to install!
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

This may sound kind of simple But... I letting the kids run their kitty Cats around the yard and my friends kitty ran fine , then after 10 or so minutes it started to bog and run like crap. I finally figured out that the new fuel line my buddy put on was just a little long.. after cutting out about an inch and putting it back together, the thing ran perfectly.. couldnt have been an easier fix. so check that out.. make sure the fuel line is the shortest possible length you can use.
keaster37

electronic ignition

Post by keaster37 »

I would recomend changing out the points and condensors to electronic ignition. You can get them from this guy.

Roger McCollum
RKM Racing
570-491-5812

I lived close so I had him change mine over and it works great