We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

spark plug and wire

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

simmerkc

spark plug and wire

Post by simmerkc »

What is the correct plug for a 72 kaw? It does not have points,everything else is stock. Also, has anyone replaced the spark plug boot/end or spliced a new wire? The wire is getting hard and the insulation is cracking. Thanks
Old School

Post by Old School »

Sorry I cant answer your wire question, but I looked in my 72 operators manual and it said for the spark plug it should be a NGK BR-6HS gapped at .020in thats with points.

So Im not sure that is the right heat range for pointless ignition, but it gives you the length of the plug.

I bet somebody on here will have the answer, very knowledgeable
members here.

Hope it helps Old School.
simmerkc

Post by simmerkc »

Thanks, that is the plug in it now. I wanted to be sure before I buy a new one. Now, to figure out the wire . Thanks again
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

Some times the wire is screwed into the coil. I don't know if that is how AC did it on these coils. Do not splice the cable. Contact Olson Brothers and they should be able to help you.

Jonn (www..obups..com)
Olson Brothers
1-888-999-3211