We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

How do I make my kitty cat go faster?

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

MP33

How do I make my kitty cat go faster?

Post by MP33 »

My 6yr old says her '80 kitty cat is to slow. It's stock and I have never messed with the engine exept for putting new seals in. Is there an easy fix? Thanks....Mike
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

Change the gear from a 42t to a 36 tooth and put a zip strip through the center of the spring that operates the governor and tighten it so it wont stretch , you should be able to find an additional 5mph or so
MP33

Post by MP33 »

I'll try it. Thanks
ttw_walman

Post by ttw_walman »

Depending on where your riding you can go way smaller than a 36t sprocket. I put a 32 tooth on my sons kitty and it has no problem going up steep hills. I've heard of people using a 24 tooth but that's probrably for flat land
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

Ha,
I had the opposite problem. My son is still really young, the governor is missing and I had to replace the clutch and the new one has one more tooth than stock. All in all it's just to fast for him. I ended up changing the sprocket from the 42 to a 48. I'm welding it to the hub tonight so I'll see what a difference it makes.