We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

carb kit?

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Godfather

carb kit?

Post by Godfather »

Hi everybody. I just inherited a 72 KC it has a kawi. motor and a kakiwi carb it has no spark so i'm taking off the flywheel if anyone has suggestions on how to free the wheel off the case it would be a lot of help.

now anyway, i was hoping to find some type of carb kit to clean up this thing. if it is available. any suggestions on the best way to bring it back to life. other than just cleaning it.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Don
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

If its a 72 with the kawasaki motor, I would replace the crank seals, they are notorious for leaking, especially after all those years, if you think it has a carb problem, more then likely it is caused by bad crank seals. You can probably just clean the carb and make sure all the inlets are clear and you are probably good to go. as for the flywheel, I used a puller and gave it a smack with a hammer and it popped off, I have also been told to soak them with a little penetrating oil before trying.
Godfather

Post by Godfather »

thanks i'll give it a try. can you suggest where to get a seal kit?
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

Try Jonn at obups they usually have most kitty cat parts in stock, They are also nice to deal with