We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

NEED COMPLETE GASKET SET

Buy, sell, or look for parts that are scarce and no longer available.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

bgtony1

NEED COMPLETE GASKET SET

Post by bgtony1 »

Hi,

I'm looking for a complete gasket and seal kit for my son's Kawasaki powered '72 Kitty Kat. Can anybody tell me where I can get one? Thanks.

Tony
Jonn

Kawi gasket set

Post by Jonn »

I have these available. Let me know if your still looking for a set.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
cdcarda

NEED COMPLETE GASKET SET

Post by cdcarda »

I bought a set from Dennis Kirk last year. It was a new Winderosa set. I only used the oil seals but the kit looked great. I think it was under $20.
cdcarda
Jonn

Gasket set

Post by Jonn »

Just for clarification.

You're correct that Dennis Kirk also sells a set from Winderosa, the same manufacture we use. But unless they are now copying our kit, their set is different than ours. The seals in the Dennis Kirk set worked fine initially but had too small of an OD and began to leak after a short time. Since Dennis Kirk is only 30 minutes from us we used to use their kit several years ago until we found that problem.

Once we found this problem several years ago we had Winderosa make these kits specifically for us with the correct seals. Our kit also has a rare OEM side cover gasket that no other company has. We bought out a business that had hundreds of these from the Arctic Cat bankrupcy years.

Again, it's been a few years since I looked at the Dennis Kirk kit and I guess it's possible that they caught on to this problem and have the correct seals, but I doubt it. And again, they don't offer the OEM side cover gasket.

Mini-snowmobiles has been our primary business since the early 1980s, and we spend many hours trying and testing different products. When we discover better options we work directly with a manufacturer to correct the problem. It's nothing against other suppliers, but large retailers like Dennis Kirk don't have the time, interest or expertise to offer that in their products. That's what separates us from all the other mini-snowmobile parts suppliers.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
cdcarda

Gasket set

Post by cdcarda »

Go with John's set. He knows his stuff. He is a great resource to all of us.
cdcarda