We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Chain turns but not track

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

gujers

Chain turns but not track

Post by gujers »

:( I just bought a 1995 KK for my kids. They were so excited and went right out to use it. Went around the house 2 times and the track stopped turning. I took off the chain guard and every thing there turns normally, as does the shaft through the track. My questions is, is there a shear pin of some kind in that plastic white drive gear, or is the thing shot?

Thanks for your help.
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

There are two pins in the shaft, one for each of the drive sprockets (White plastic drive gears). What I have see is that the plastic gives out after a while from the being beaten back and forth by on/off throttle and brake. You can usually find the gears at local dealer, ebay, or contact Jonn from Olson Brothers on this site. obups All you need to do is remove the shaft and replace the sprockets and pins. I would also suggest you remove the boggie wheels and lube them with a grease like Lubriplate as they have a tendency to rust up and rob horse power. I know when I first got a KC for my daughter the first time she rode it, she just about went over the handlebars when she let off the throttle because the boggies did not turn freely. Good Luck! 8)