We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Need Help With Friction Problem

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

superfly's

Need Help With Friction Problem

Post by superfly's »

My boys have been racing Kitty Cats for 5 yrs now. (7 & 10 yr olds) This year they seem to be doing poorly. The friction in the track seems to be the problem however I dont know what to really do or where to start with getting that problem working properly.

Also what parts should I be spraying & what is the best spray to use?

Any advice would be wonderful!! :lol:

Ken
Jonn

Re:Friction problem

Post by Jonn »

Superfly:

There's a couple things to look for and do, but it depends on a couple things such as the year KC and what your using it for (race versus back-yard). Those that race will usually take the dust cover off any bearings and spray a good silicon lubricant directly on the ball bearing just before a race. If you don't have bearing bogies many racers will replace the bushing bogies with bearing bogies. We will have bearing bogie kits with spacers available in the fall 2006. The year of track impacts the free rolling as well. Some KC years used a badly made track that is very stiff. These things just never loosen up and roll free. And of course alignment is very important. How is your sprockets aligned. This is just a few of the things to look at regarding free rolling KCs.

Check with me if you want to talk through everything and figure out what you need to do to fix your friction problem.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296