We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

How do you remove the seat? 1998 Cat

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

NHmountainman

How do you remove the seat? 1998 Cat

Post by NHmountainman »

I cannot figure out to take the seat off. It's not described in my owners manual and I am trying repair a small tear in the seat.

I have another question....I cannot figure out how to lubricate the track...is that something that should be should be done?

Thanks all!
dave

Post by dave »

the seat may be bolted from under the tunnel, if so take the 4 bolts out of the side of tunnel, 2 on each side under foot rest then the track will swing out and you will be able to look under tunnel to see 4 bolts holding the seat on, or is your seat snaped on
dantheman

info

Post by dantheman »

flip the sled on its side and the seta is held on on with 2 bolts, they are on the inside of the tunnel all the way to the rear of the seat the bolt head size is 7/16 and you will need to take out both bolts, once you have the bolts out ,pull back on the seat towards the rear, the front of the seat slides into 2 clips, do not pull too hard the disconnect for the tail light also runs thru the seat.

as far as lubing , while its on its side i would put a few drops of heavy oil on the shafts right next to the wheel/washer assemblies and turn the wheels until the lube gets into the wheel and shaft, check all of them because they have a tendency to rust a bit and lock solid

that outa do ya, have fun

dantheman
dantheman

missed something

Post by dantheman »

YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE TRACK ON A 98 TO GET THE SEAT OFF

DANTHEMAN