We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Replacing magneto w/ electronic

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Replacing magneto w/ electronic

Post by Guest »

I've heard a couple of you have done this. Wondering how you set it up and which parts to use. Someone said they used to old points, How do I know if the old ones are still good or what to replace them with. Trying to get this runnign for my son and nephew, engine just has no spark.

Thanks.

Post by Guest »

What I have done on a points ignition out of a Suzuki is removed the points and condensor off the stator plate. I also removed the lighting coil, I didn't have a need for it and it gave me more room. Then, I got a ignition module from a small engine shop, its a little box about 1 inch square and half inch tall with two wires running out of it. One wire gets grounded, and the other wire I hooked up to the primary and secnodary coil. The kill switch wire that ren to the condensor I relocated to where the wire goes in on the secondary coil. Engine has excellent spark, with about 15 minutes of work and 10 bucks in parts