We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Better engine alternative.. 2.5hp OHV

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

929rog

Post by 929rog »

LOL I'll get more video I'm sure this weekend. The clutch works excellent,
Hilliard extreme clutch. It did not get hot and slip once even though she likes to sit there with it barely engaged. I'm going to try more engagement this weekend. I used an 80 main jet and it works well but didnt really solve the problem I am having. These things come super lean for emissions and it starts hard and is cold blooded. I have to hold on the throttle some for about a minute then let it idle for another before it has no hesitation. I think I read there is a fuel and air screw on these carbs under a cap you can pop off to adjust. Cant remember what the pilot set up looked like, have to take it apart. I think they put the caps on so people would'nt adjust on them. I'm also going to look into valve springs. I think I read somewhere guiys are using a Honda valve spring and it would rev to over 6000 before it would float. Guys have used these as an alternative to the comer go kart motors they race, I think i read about it on a kart site. Its about done though.

Post by 72 »

I know what your talking about, they put that same plastic cover on the big clone carbs. You usually have to break them to remove them.
t-dub13

Post by t-dub13 »

Rog, will it pull you around well? I think we might have to do some racing lmao. :P :lol: 8)
dugger13

conversion done

Post by dugger13 »

I just did this conversion with my 76 kitty cat. With the help of this forum and these posts, i am now running a 79 cc predator engine.

A little info. I am about 200 pounds and with stock 123 tooth gearing and stock rear gear, this will pull me at 18 mph down the ice packed road. Anyone needing any info on how i did this or pictures, let me know.

I ended up fabricating a simple pipe out of black pipe and put a little muffler from napa on it. my kid loves the sound.
929rog

Post by 929rog »

Never tried to ride it! I tend to break stuff. Glad to hear the 76 is up and running!!! Hows the stock clutch work? wondering if it has enough engagement.
929rog

Post by 929rog »

FOUND A PROBLEM!!!! Guys had the gas tank break Saturday and it was dripping gas all over the motor with it running!! The welds under the tank on the 79cc blue tank are horrible. I switched over to the black 99cc tank that looks better. On either I would suggest either welding the tank mounts correctly before they break or sanding up the tank mounts and JB welding them before it breaks. I will be using a fuel pump and plastic tank as soo as I find a tank.
shermer-high

Post by shermer-high »

I did the harbor freight 200 swap best thing I did.My kid just turned 5 still only uses 1/3 throttle limited
shermer-high

Post by shermer-high »

I'll post pics if I can figure it out
shermer-high

Post by shermer-high »

shermer-high

Post by shermer-high »

ImageImage

Post by 72 »

hey shermer, how about a pic of the brake setup?
shermer-high

Post by shermer-high »

I'll try to post one soon it's just stock brake refitted.
jstjay

Post by jstjay »

ok I did the predator retro fit. worked great.went to start it the next day wouldn't start. ended up the float has a leak. antway where can I get one ? no idea where to find parts for these
mercuryman

engine change

Post by mercuryman »

Hi I'm doing a engine change I'll try to post pics later
mercuryman

engine change

Post by mercuryman »

Hi just finished my engine change waiting for a chain not sure how to post pics[/img]
jemp70

Post by jemp70 »

an one know how to post pics? I just did the harbor freight engine swap ant took a ton of helpful pics. I used the stock motor mount and bolted a plate to the top of it.

Post by 72 »

Put pics on a hosting site like photobucket. Then link the url into your post with the Img or URL commands.
jemp70

Post by jemp70 »

I just ran the 79 cc predator for the first time, im not impressed with the performance. I haven't done anything to the motor yet. stock jetting. it had a 14tooth clutch bell on it so I just swapped it out with a completely new 12 tooth clutch. seems like it has no grunt at all. trying to run it in 2" of heavy snow also. will jetting it richer help that much. The stock jetting from what ive read is like a #54 and everyone says to drill it to a #80

Post by 72 »

Make sure everything in the track area it turning smoothly ( wheels, driven shaft, rear cogs. Jetting makes a difference. The temp alone should safely allow you to go up 10-15 without going anywhere near rich.
465stroker

Re: Better engine alternative.. 2.5hp OHV

Post by 465stroker »

Anyone have pictures to share of predator 79 install? Seems photobucket has all blocked.