We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

drive modifications

Races where and when, also fine tune your Kitty Cat for the local track or back yard.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

eighty_D

drive modifications

Post by eighty_D »

I have just got my bro's sled running again but the clutch is fried the tensioner is in tatters, the chain is stretched and rusted and the sprocket's teeth look like breakers on north shore they are so worn and bent. So I have ordered a new tensioner, 15 tooth max torque clutch and a stock 42 tooth sprocket. Will I have to order a longer chain? The dealer up here only has stock replacement chain sets.
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

You can probably just loosen the motor mount bolts and slide the motor back a bit.
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat
snodaddy

Post by snodaddy »

Go to your local northern tool or something equivalant to that up there and buy #35 Chain and make your own, I used to put new chain on my boys kitty cat every season and would use the cheap stuff with out any problems. I used to live in Petersburg and loved it up there, maybe next winter we will run into each other at the local cat shop. I was there last December and they gave me a magazine that had Ice Oval racing information on it, I did not see anything about Kitty Cats and 120's but she said that they were working on getting a series together.