We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Installing a VDO tach or Avenger II

Races where and when, also fine tune your Kitty Cat for the local track or back yard.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

RACERVIC

Installing a VDO tach or Avenger II

Post by RACERVIC »

Has anyone installed a full replay tach or avenger II on a kitty cat? Where do I get the pulse for the tach? any idea of what pulse the ignition is? any help would be greatly appreciated. This is going on a kitty cat that is to be run in 1000' speed runs. Tom
t-dub13

Post by t-dub13 »

Two words: Bill Tripp. :lol:

Look for "kidsperformance" on this forum. He might know, but I assume he does all his testing on his own dyno. :wink:

You might ask John at OBUPS (olson brothers racing / tiger chassis) Look for a post from him in this forum as well. :wink:
kidsperformance

Post by kidsperformance »

yea I have.......put a auto-meter pro comp and a sport comp tach on the ones only with the CDI....may the point ign too.....can't remember back that far......one the pro comp I also used the tape recorder set-up also when the kids were oval racing.......worked pretty cool........quit useing it when I started twisting the motors over 11,000 rpm......but yes it can be done.....I hooked it through the lighting coil and wired it for a 6 cyl cuz it was a 3 pole system......don't quote me on it......I'm going off my memory here......I did all this stuff 16 yrs ago.......I use data collection now by AIM with a 12 channel system to gather everything I what to know now............. :D :D
kidsperformance

oh....1 other thing....I mounted a separate 12V power supply for the tach cuz I hooked the one wire in the lighting system.....things are starting to come back to me now a lil...... :D :D
RACERVIC

Post by RACERVIC »

Thanks for the help. That is just what I needed to know. Tom
kidsperformance

I keep scratchin my head.....the olde point system was a 3 pole and the CDI was a 4 pole and I think I hooked that to a 8 cyl......Man I'm really thinking back....hope this helps