We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

T5A Engine Parts

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Paulo

T5A Engine Parts

Post by Paulo »

Hello,
I just went to look at a 72 Kitty that is up for sale a few miles from the house. It has the early Kawasaki T5A Engine. Should I avoid the model with the T5A engine because of parts availability, or is it not a concern if the engine runs? As of now, it starts and runs, but I'm still wondering about T5A engine parts in the event of a catastrophic failure. I don't know if I should keep looking or go ahead and buy this one. Thanks!
snowmobilejack

Re: T5A Engine Parts

Post by snowmobilejack »

It's true that there are T5A engine parts that are no longer available, so you have that straight. But if the sled is in running condition it may be fine for a season or two. Some people have found it better to retrofit the engine in the older Kitty's which is the perfect solution if the T5A Kawasaki goes south.

I think "almost" everything else for the old Kitty's is still available so if the price was right on the sled I don't think you need to avoid it.