We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

97 kitty with leaky carb

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

88wildcat650

97 kitty with leaky carb

Post by 88wildcat650 »

Its the first snow since I bought this cool little sled. It ran good this summer when I started it but when the snow came it wouldn't start cause of flooding. took it to the local mower shop so the could check it out , they said it needed needle and seat. The float seems good but received the needle and seat today and the new set leaks too. Ive tried to lower the float raise the float and no dice. when the carb is turned over the needle holds fuel even without the weight of the float but when its turnd right it leaks thru bad. Any thoughts ? thanks in advance Cory
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

Make sure its really clean. Soak it for a while in carb cleaner, could be some gunk up in there. Then just make sure its in right. If it is leaking when you flip it over, it sounds like something is not in place or aligned properly.
88wildcat650

Post by 88wildcat650 »

It was the float. It floated but apparently not enough. It was the last effort the only piece that was left . It seemed fine but it works with the new one but I stick the old back in and it leaks again.