We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Textron Cat Snowmobiles

Post here to discuss the AC 120, F120, Sno Pro 120, and ZR120 youth snowmobiles from Arctic Cat
stanno

Textron Cat Snowmobiles

Post by stanno »

Will there be a name change? Maybe Textron Cat snowmobiles? For those of you who don't already know. Textron, a global billion dollar corporation has purchased Arctic Cat. They are saying that they will leave the snowmobiles alone, but I don't see how or why that would be possible.

They are phasing out ATV and UTV line for sure and combining these machines with the Bad Boy line that already own. I think we'll see some kind of change on the snowmobile side eventually, maybe as soon as 2019.
blizz93
Site Admin

Re: Textron Cat Snowmobiles

Post by blizz93 »

Everything that I have read about Textron so far is that they are going to leave Arctic Cat snowmobiles alone. I also think that will only hold true for a little while, then changes will come, hopefully changes for the better and not the other way around. Time will tell.
stephen79

Post by stephen79 »

I can't see Textron messing with the Arctic Cat name or logo ever. It's way too established, too much Cat history..
gogosled

Post by gogosled »

The Arctic Cat name lives on, Textron acquisition means nothing to the brand name.
snowmobilejack

Post by snowmobilejack »

It's been a few years since Textron acquired Arctic Cat and everyone involved seemed to be adjusting well.

Some info on Textron as a company:
Textron inc. is a publicly traded company under the ticker: TXT. They were founded in 1923, Textron has grown into a network of businesses with total revenues of $14.2 billion, and approximately 35,000 employees with facilities and presence in 25 countries, serving a diverse and global customer base. Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A.

Arctic Cat became a part of Textron in 2017. The vehicles are now designed and built by Textron Specialized Vehicles, the same division of Textron that also manufactures Cushman utility vehicles, E-Z-GO golf cars, Jacobsen turf equipment and Textron Ground Support Equipment.

So far so good, hopefully they keep rolling out quality sleds.